Recently I was thrilled to complete a custom bezel set halo engagement ring and wedding band to match.
I absolutely love the way these rings turned out. To top it all off, they were both set entirely in moissanite!
If any of you are unfamiliar, moissanite is one of the best diamond alternatives available. Not only is it a beautiful stone, but it also has a hardness rating of 9.25 out of 10.
What does the hardness rating mean?
Well, if a natural diamond is 10 out of 10 on the hardness scale, moissanite is about the next hardest stone you can buy.
A 9.25 hardness rating means the stone will be rated excellent for everyday wear and will also be more scratch resistant than other diamond alternatives.
Another improvement is the recent introduction of the “Forever One” moissanite. The original moissanite gives off a bit of a yellowish tint, making it easier to distinguish from a diamond. With more varieties available today, including the Forever One, the stone is now even more comparable to diamond with a “colorless” option. (Color Range: D-F)
Lastly, if you needed any other reasons to choose a moissanite over a diamond, moissanite is lab-created and therefore both conflict free and environmentally friendly.
- Description: Bezel set halo engagement ring + matching contoured wedding band.
- Center Stone: .50ct “Forever One” Moissanite
- Accent Stones: Moissanite
- Metal Type: 14kt white gold
Bezel Setting = Baby Friendly
Baby or no baby, I will always an advocate for the bezel.
- Low profile. In a bezel setting, the stone generally sits lower than a traditional prong setting.
- It doesn’t snag. Bezels have no tall prongs to snag your sweaters or other fine linens. They’re also great for people in the medical field or other professions that require the use of gloves.
- Baby safe! Nervous about scratching your child with your wedding ring? You’re not alone. Bezels can help bring that peace of mind. Yes, you are still wearing hard metal on your finger, but it’s a lot safer than tall sharp prongs.
Lastly, the wedding set was soldered together per customer request.
Solder will keep the rings in place and joined together permanently (Note: It is possible to unsolder, but can only be done by a goldsmith)
The contoured center of the wedding band allows the rings to sit close together without any large gaps.
The best way to eliminate gaps between rings is to have the wedding band custom made to match the engagement ring, thus creating a perfect fit.
Enjoy this post? Feel free to SHARE and Subscribe!